What to Do If You Lose Heat in RI
The holiday season is in full swing here in Rhode Island, and so is cold weather! With freezing temperatures in full swing, we at Sunshine Fuels & Energy Services know that losing heat can spell disaster for homeowners in RI. Along with the discomfort and stress that a no-heat emergency can cause, you also run the risk of allowing your plumbing to freeze, causing permanent (and costly) damage. Try out the tips below to save yourself an HVAC service visit.
Related Post: How a Service Plan Saves Rhode Island Homeowners Money
What to Do If Your Home Loses Heat in Rhode Island
If you do experience heat loss this winter, don’t panic. See if you can correct the issue quickly and safely with this checklist:
No-Heat Checklist for Homeowners in RI
- Fuel Tank: Check the gauge to see if you need an emergency heating oil delivery, and if you do, contact us right away at (401) 253-7781.
- Thermostat: Make sure your setting is on HEAT, and the cooling function is not on instead.
- Switches: Check that all furnace and emergency switches are on.
- Reset Button: Press the RESET button on your furnace—ONCE ONLY.
If you’ve performed all the above steps and still don’t have heat, contact us right away for assistance at (401) 253-7781.
Tips to Prevent Heat-Loss, Fuel Runouts, and Heating Equipment Breakdowns
- Check Your Tank Regularly: It’s important that you check the level of your oil or propane tank regularly to help you know when it’s time to order fuel from Sunshine Fuels & Energy Services. A good rule of thumb is to order heating oil before your tank gauge reaches ¼ full, or order propane before your tank gauge reaches 30%.
- Keep Special Circumstances in Mind: It’s important to consider any irregularities in your fuel usage when trying to prevent a no-heat emergency. If you have guests staying at your home, you’re using more hot water, or if we go through an extreme cold spell here in Rhode Island, you may be using more fuel than you normally would.
- Order Your Fuel Online: When you order your heating oil or propane online from Sunshine, not only will you receive the best prices around, but you’ll also rest easy knowing your fuel is coming from a dependable local company.
- Maintain Your Heating Equipment: To help prevent heating equipment breakdowns, we recommend having your heating system serviced by the expert technicians from our partner, Pride HVAC, with regularity. Been a while since your last tune-up? Contact Pride HVAC online to schedule service
- Choose a Reliable Fuel Company: You can rest easy knowing that our fuel deliveries are dependable and fast. We’ll get you the fuel you need, when you need it—just place an order on our website!
Related Post: Why Automatic Delivery Is Really Worth It
Reduce Your Risk of a Heat-Out Emergency with Sunshine
Sunshine Fuels & Energy Services proudly offers reliable heating oil and propane deliveries to our friends and neighbors in Rhode Island. To help avoid running out of fuel and experiencing a no-heat emergency, we recommend that you order your fuel right on our website! Remember to place your heating oil order before your tank reaches ¼ full, or your propane order before your tank reaches 30%. We can’t wait to serve you!